Friday, September 7, 2012

Crazy Quilt Journal Project

I finally got around to downloading the pictures off my camera so I could post a picture of my Crazy Quilt Journal project for the month of, um, let’s see …  July.  Yikes!  August’s is in progress, and I plan to take that block plus my September one to the CQI Retreat next week.  More about that in a minute.

To refresh your memory, these blocks are primarily stitching on black, as the 12 blocks will serve as a frame around a vintage needlepoint piece.


The goal is for the blocks to enhance and compliment but not overwhelm the centerpiece. We will see as things progress. August’s block will go right below July’s, then there are just August through December, 4 blocks, to finish for the bottom. I will probably begin sewing it together in another month or two. Right now everything is just pinned and the blocks have not been trimmed


* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Next week is the annual Crazy Quilting International Retreat, here in Utah (West Point). There are only 13 of us this year, but as we do have a Canadian member attending, it will be officially International. Some of our regulars had to miss out this year due to family and work conflicts. Darn!   But everything is set from the classes and supply lists, to activities, menus, games, swaps, shopping and more. I will make sure to get good pictures to share with you!

Hugs,

Cathy maroon

2 comments:

  1. Your CQ blocks are coming along beautifully Cathy! Do have fun at retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upper right corner...love the way you ehanced the black floral trim with the bright stitching. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!